The Bilingual Family Resource Assistant is a bilingual/bicultural parent liaison who works closely with other school staff, including: ESOL/HILT department staff, special education staff, teachers, administrators, students and parents, and with professionals in the community. The Bilingual Resource Assistant serves as a liaison between bicultural families and the school. The Bilingual Resource Assistant interprets and translates informal communications (they do not translate legal documents).
- Serves as liaison to community helping students and parents to access available county resources;
- Plans for and provides workshops for parents in their native languages;
- Works closely with the counselors and social workers to provide services to families, including home visits;
- Serves as a bilingual/bicultural resource to school and community officials;
- Serves as an interpreter at conferences, school and community activities;
- Translates school information, forms, letters, flyers and other relevant information.
- Attends staff meetings with ESOL/HILT and school personnel, and attends staff development meetings as required.